Privacy Statement The girl can’t help it…
Through the website www.thegirlcanthelpit.nl, give-aways, promotions and other services and in the store of The girl can’t help it… based in Gerard Doustraat 87 1072 VN, Amsterdam we collect your personal data or information about you (hereafter: "personal data"). The girl can’t help it ... is responsible for the processing of these personal data. We consider careful handling of personal data important. Personal data are therefore carefully processed and secured by us. When processing your personal data, we comply with the requirements set by the privacy laws and regulations. That means, among other things, that we:
• clearly state which personal data we process and for what purposes. We do this via this privacy statement;
• try to limit the collection of your personal data to only the personal data needed for the established purposes;
• first ask you for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
• take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also requirements of parties that process personal data on our instructions;
• not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary for the specific purpose for which we have obtained your personal data;
• your rights to view, rectify, delete, limit and / or transfer your personal data on demand (portability).
In this privacy statement we explain which personal data we process about you and for what purpose this happens. We recommend that you carefully read this statement.
This privacy statement was last modified on May 25, 2018.
1. How do we collect your personal data?
When using our website, you leave certain information with us. That may be personal data. Personal data are collected by us in various ways:
• Placing an order: through our website you can order products, where we ask you to provide us with some personal information to execute the order and deliver the ordered products to you; • Create account: you can also create an account on our website, to gain insight into your orders and keep track of wish lists; • Newsletter subscription: if you have indicated that you wish to receive our newsletter, certain personal data will be processed to send you the newsletter and to analyze the use of the newsletter; • Contact: you can approach us with questions and / or complaints by mail, e-mail or telephone. In that case we will contact you to handle your question or complaint;
• Participation in giveaways / competitions: if you participate in promotions and / or competitions, we process the personal data that you provide to us. The same applies if you participate in market or customer research;
• Review: if you write a review on the website about a product that you have purchased via the website, you have the opportunity to provide this review with your name;
• Social media: if you approach us through our social media channels (such as Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest), we process certain personal data when you contact us to ask questions, for example;
• Use of website: When surfing on our website, technical information about your device (for example, the IP address) and your visit behavior on the website are obtained. We receive this information through cookies that are placed on our website (see also chapter 5 and our Cookie Statement).
2. Which personal data do we process?
When you use our website, we can process the following data from you:
• Name and contact details: first and last name, address, e-mail address, telephone number;
• Demographic data: gender, date of birth, country region, place name;
• Newsletter subscription: if you have indicated that you wish to receive our newsletter, certain personal data will be processed to send you the newsletter and to analyze the use of the newsletter;
• Communication data: technical details of the equipment you use to visit the website (eg from your smartphone / laptop / tablet), such as IP address, MAC address, browser used, language settings, operating system, service provider, type of device;
• Technical data: your surfing behavior on the website, including mouse and click behavior and the duration and time of your visit on our website and with regard to the newsletters whether you have received them, opened and whether you have clicked from the newsletter to the website;
• Financial data: payment details relating to a purchase made via the website;
• Account and order data: if you use an account, we process the login details of your account. Also - to consult via your account - your purchase history will be processed.
3. For what purposes do we process your personal data?
We use the personal data referred to in Chapter 2 for the following purposes:
1 to offer you the possibility to order products via our website and to make use of all functionalities and services on the website;
2. to process your order and inform you about its progress;
3. to answer your questions or to handle your complaints via social media, e-mail, by mail or by telephone;
4. to communicate with you by sending electronic newsletters and / or mail;
5. to process your data for participation in competitions and other actions, so that we can reach you when you have won something;
6. to improve (at an individual level) our website, store, assortment and our services both in-store and online. We do this on the basis of: your preferences, executed market and customer surveys and the use of our website by visitors.
4. On what basis do we process your personal data?
The processing of your personal data is based on different foundations. We explain below for each type of processing on the basis of which foundation this happens: The personal data referred to in Chapter 2 are processed by us for the purposes as described in Chapter 3 (under 1 to 3) because this is necessary to perform the services you take from us. This is for example the use of our website, but also the placing of an order on our website and the use of our customer service. The personal data referred to in Chapter 2 are processed by us for the purposes as described in Chapter 3 (under 4 to 6) on the basis of the permission obtained by you. Prior to processing your personal data, we request permission to send these messages in which certain personal data are processed. You have the right to opt out of receiving this information at any time. The personal data referred to in Chapter 2 are processed by us for the purposes as described in Chapter 3 (under 6) because this is necessary for the representation of our legitimate interests.
6. Retention Periods
Personal data associated with your account on thegirlcanthelpit.nl will be kept until you decide to delete the account. Your order history on thegirlcanthelpit.nl will be stored for up to 5 years after your last order, so that you can view it via your account, with the exception of data that we have to keep for a longer period of time according to a legal retention period of 7 years, for example the personal data such as this on the invoices.
Personal data that we process in the context of the mailings we send you will be saved until you opt out of these mailings.
Personal data for analysis purposes are stored for a maximum of 26 months.
Personal data that are processed in the context of a review about a product are stored for as long as the product to which the review relates is in our assortment.
Personal data that we process in the context of answering questions or resolving complaints will be stored for a maximum of 3 months after the question of whether the complaint has been resolved.
Contests and Competitions
Personal data that are processed in connection with your participation in giveaways or competitions will be saved for a maximum of 2 years, with the exception of data that we have to keep longer according to a legal storage period, for example in connection with the gambling tax.
View the cookie statement for the specific storage periods of the various cookies used on the website.
If you have given permission for this, we can send you our newsletter and other personalized commercial messages by e-mail. With every communication along this route an opt-out option is included if you no longer have any interest in our mailings. You can also opt out of these mailings in your account.
8. Provision to third parties
The information you provide will only be passed on to third parties, if this is necessary for the delivery of the products ordered by you, or services requested. We will pass on your address details to Myparcel to deliver your order, and we will pass on your details to Multisafepay and Paypal for the processing of your payments.
Furthermore, we will not provide the data you provide to other parties if you have not given permission for this, unless this is legally required or permitted. For example, it is possible that the police will request information from us in the context of fraud investigations. In that case, we are legally obliged to provide this information.
At present, no personal data are processed outside the European Economic Community. If this changes in the future, we will provide appropriate measures and guarantees.
Only personal data of customers based outside of the European Economic Community are processed by their country’s customs office and postal company.
9. Third party websites
This statement does not apply to the processing of (personal) data via websites of third parties that are connected to our website by means of links (for example a link to the website of iDeal). We can not guarantee that these websites handle your personal data in a reliable or secure way. Always read the privacy statement of the third party website before using the relevant website, to ensure that they handle your data properly.
10. Security of your data
Our webshop platform Mijnwebwinkel / MyOnlineStore have implemented the necessary security measures to prevent loss, unauthorized use or modification of information that we receive on our site. When we transfer or receive your data on our website, we always use the coding technologies that are recognized as common standards within the IT sector.
If you are 16 or younger, you may only use our website and / or services under the supervision of your parents or legal representatives. We will therefore in no case deliberately process personal data of persons younger than 16 years.
For all parents and legal representatives, if it comes to your knowledge that we have unconsciously processed the personal data of your underage child, this can be reported to us via the contact details mentioned in chapter 13. In such a case, we will proceed to the removal of the personal data of the minor as soon as possible.
12. Changes to this privacy statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time. Changes will be published on our website. It is therefore advisable to consult this privacy statement regularly, so that you are aware of these changes.
13. Rights that you have with regard to your personal data
In case you use a personalized account, certain personal information that you have provided to us may be changed by you through your account.
If you are not in possession of an account and would like to see, rectify, delete, limit or transfer (portability) your personal data then you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
To prevent abuse, we will then ask you to submit a copy of a proof of identity. The request for access can be made via the email@example.com. The girl can’t help it ... will respond to your request in writing within four (4) weeks via the specified e-mail address. If you wish to have personal data corrected, added, deleted and / or protected on the basis of the overview, you can send a new request for this. The girl can’t help it ... will respond to this request within four (4) weeks.
14. Personal Data Authority
Of course we would be happy to help you if you have complaints about the processing of your personal data. If for any unfortunate reason we cannot resolve the issue together, then you also have the right under the privacy legislation to file a complaint with the privacy regulator, the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
15. Rights that you have with regard to your personal data If you wish to exercise your rights with regard to your personal data, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any other questions, comments or issues regarding our privacy statement, please do not hesitate to contact us.